Porcelain veneers, which are also known as dental veneers, are thin restorations that cover the enamel of your tooth. They are considered a good choice for people who have gaps, fractured teeth and discolored teeth. However, we have had patients in Charlotte who just want to overhaul their entire smile with veneers for a full, white, brilliant smile. Call us today to discuss your options for dental veneers and one of our Charlotte cosmetic dentists will consult with you on the best way to approach your needs and smile goals.
Things to Consider About a Procedure for Porcelain Veneers
- People who want to get veneers will need to meet with one of our cosmetic dentists for a consultation
- Our dentist will perform a thorough examination in order to ensure that veneers are a right choice for a particular patient
- After that, our dentist will have to remove a portion of the enamel and our cosmetic dentists typically only remove about one millimeter of tooth enamel.
- An impression will also be taken and will be sent to a dental lab and used to construct the veneers.
- Once the veneers have been made, our dentist will place them on the patient’s teeth.
- Light-sensitive resin will be placed between the veneer and the tooth.
- After that, finally, the dentist will use a special light to harden the resin to allow the veneers and teeth to set
Benefits of Dental Veneers
There are a number of benefits that can be reaped from getting veneers. They look and feel natural. They are also resistant to stain. Improved self-esteem is another benefit that can be reaped from getting veneers. Furthermore, veneers can last a very long time.